Tuesday 18 January 2011

Review - Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation


Depending on who's blogs/vblogs you read/watch, you might have heard of Vichy. Also if you are European, you probably know about it too. But for those who are relatively new or had never heard about the brand then here's something I copied and pasted about it from Wikipedia (sorry, I know you should never use Wiki as as source!)

"Vichy ("Vichy Laboratoires") is a premium brand of dermo-cosmetics owned by L'Oréal under its Active Cosmetics division and is sold exclusively in pharmacies. Thermal spa water from the hot springs of the town of Vichy, France, is the only water source used in its formulations. The company was founded in 1931."

I originally heard about it from this fabulous lady and if you haven't heard or watched Lisa Eldridge work her magic then you MUST. I watched this video about acne covering with lots of interest and decided that I must buy the Vichy Dermablend foundation (along with the Clinique redness solution's). This was just before Christmas and at the time I could only find it online and a lot of the colours were out of stock, plus what with buying Christmas present I didn't really have the money. Also I was very happy with my Clinique foundation so I just forgot about Vichy.

Last week I was having a mooch around Boots when I found a whole Vichy stand! I think this is a relatively new thing from Boots as I've never seen it before. So I pounced on the foundations! The problem is that they were in boxes with no testers making colour matching a bit difficult (this might not be the same for your Boots though, I went into another Boots this week that did have testers) luckily I chose wisely and the colour is pretty perfect for my skin!

So, onto the product



It is marketed as 'Corrective foundation' so in my eyes is best for skin that needs correcting i.e. redness, acne, scarring. My skin is pretty gross, I suffer with blackheads, whiteheads and spots underneath the surface. My cheeks are the worst area, so I've decided to show you guys a before and after.

I chose the colour Nude (25), my skin colour is naturally quite light, but I use fake-tan and like to wear my face products as dark as I can get away with. I usually wear a NW25 in MAC. Vichy only comes in 5 colours which is a bit rubbish, but you can always mix!


The foundation is a liquid and so goes on best with a foundation brush or stippler in my opinion. It gives a full coverage and I would almost say its more like a concealer than a foundation but without the caked-on-feeling you often get with concealers. I've been using it alongside a lighter foundation and using over areas that need a particularly heavy covering. What I really like about this foundation is that you don't need to layer it on, it just gives a full coverage from the first application. This means that it feels light and fresh on the face.

So you can see what kind of coverage it gives, below is a picture of my face naked, then with MAC studio fix foundation on (which I'd say gives a heavy coverage) and then with Vichy Dermablend. I took these pictures in the same light on the same day with no other products on.



I'm sorry I'm subjecting you to my awful skin, its in the name of beauty I tell you! Also please click on the picture to enlarge - you get a much better idea!

So what do you think? I can defiantly see a difference! Although MAC SF covers there are still a couple of red areas, with Vichy they've practically disappeared!


So would I recommend it?

Yes! Since buying this product I've pretty much gone concealer free (apart from eye bags!) and whats gorgeous about it is that it can be worn everyday. MAC SF is probably the heaviest foundation I own but I wouldn't wear it day-to-day because it's almost mask like. Whereas I've been wearing Vichy to work and everyday since I purchase it, it lasts really well and I've been getting home and looking in the mirror, and thinking 'wow, my face still looks perfect'

Any negatives?

The colour selection is one, like I said I found the perfect colour in Nude, but you might not be so lucky. It's worth trying to mix colour though! Other then that, nothing. Even the price is good £14.30 for 30mls

You can buy it here

Let me know what you think if you've tried it!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

great post, my skin is fairly good so I wouldn't need this but as I do professional make-up occasionally this is great info! xx

Suzi said...

Glad you liked. Love your blog!

Barbie said...

Kudos to you for showing your naked face in the name of beauty! :)

The MAC seems to look more natural, but the dermablend gives much better coverage!

I have similar skin issues and I've thought about taking pictures like you did, one naked, one to show how I cover it, but I don't think the world is ready yet! :P

Karen said...

I use it as an under-eye concealer! You should try it, it's amazing! I literally ahve no more dark circles.

What She Said said...

Im intrigued to try this! Out of interest what Clinique foundation do you use & what kind of coverage does it give? I dont have particularly bad skin but I do suffer from redness!

www.saidshewhat.blogspot.com

Twitter: cjread

xCx

Unknown said...

is the foundation transfer proof? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...