Wednesday 12 January 2011

Ice, Ice, Baby

Last weekend me and a few girlfriends went up to London for my friends birthday. She booked for us to go ice skating at Somerset House and then for cocktails after. We had a fabulous, if a little tiring, night! I thought I'd just do a little outfit and make-up post on what I wore.

Would you believe that it is very hard to dress for cocktails and ice skating? You would? Oh, okay then.

On one hand I wanted to be warm but on the other hand I like to dress up for bars. As it goes, looking good always wins over comfort for me. I am never ever warm! Although saying that I didn't do too bad at keeping warm and ice skating is surprisingly hard work so I built up a little bit of warmth!

So here, my lovelies, is what I wore



It goes without saying that the pictures are rubbish as usual but you get the gist, I hope! (you can click on the pictures to enlarge, I think!)

Jacket - Primark
Fur Collar - H&M
Leopard print top - Topshop
Cardie (just seen) - H&M
Jeans - True Religion
Heels - Topshop
Leather biker gloves - River Island

I decided that rather than wearing a big coat, layers would be better. I would have liked to have worn a fur coat if I could have found one, but I made do instead with my new fur collar, it performed well in keeping my neck toasty! I wore it over my trusty fake leather Primark jacket which I've had for years. I'm not a fan of Primark nowadays, but this jacket has done me proud! The edges are wearing now but I'm hoping it looks like distressed leather! ha ha. I've been looking everywhere for a new leather jacket, proper leather, but I can't find any that fit the bill. Plus most of them this year have be aviator style, which I love but it dates quickly.

Anyway I digress, this is a OOTD not a shopping ramble!

These are probably one of my favourite pair of shoes, I only got them a few months ago when I realised I had no sensible black shoes. The reason I love them so much is the shape of the toes, it's really round so makes my feet look small, plus they are suede, have a hidden platform and are very comfy. They still sell them in Topshop I believe, but are out of stock online

So that was the clothes. Now for my face. Pictures again aren't very good, and I'm not wearing very exciting make-up but I haven't done a proper face post here so here we go.


Before I start I just want to apologise for my lippy looking so awful, I was just testing it to see whether I want to go with red lips and so put it on rubbish then just left it! I did go with red lips in the end and applied it a little better!

So here is the full list of what I used

Face

Benefit 'That Girl' primer
Clinique Redness Solutions foundation in calming neutral
YSL Perfect Touch foundation in 6
MAC Pro Longwear foundation in NW25
YSL Touche Eclat
MAC Pro Longwear concealer in NW 20
Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in translucent
Benefit Hoola
The Body Shop Baked-to-last bronzer in warm glow
Benefit Dallas
Benefit Girl Meets Pearl
Topshop cream blush in neon rose
Nars Orgasm

Eyes

No.7 Beautiful Brows pencil in black/brown
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Urban Decay Sin, Naked and Sidecar (from the Naked palette)
MAC Eyeshadow in Ricepaper
Lancome Le Crayon Khol in Noir
Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner in Black Ink
Barry M liquid eyeliner in no.1
Urban Decay Eyelash Primer Potion
Benefit Bad Girl Lash
Eylure lashes - ? which ones!

Lips

Revlon Fire and Ice lipstick

Phew that is a long list of stuff, no wonder it takes so long for me to put it on!!

As for the night out, it was really fun. Somerset House is definitely the best place to skate in London during the Winter and they do sessions right up to 11pm on weekends!


It's lovely at night because the lights look so pretty and they have a DJ, also there was plenty of good looking guys there, I reckon it would be an ideal place to meet someone, accidentally fall over in front of them! Haha. I would 100% go again. Oh God am I giving dating advice now? I really should shut up!


After ice skating we went to a Cocktail bar in Shoreditch, as reccomended by my boyfriend (no, I didn't find him on the ice!) it was called Lounge Lover and I wish I'd got some photos of the place. But you'll have to take my word and go there. So gorgeous, the decor is amazing! Plus the cocktail list is huge. I'm a massive cocktail lover and they were delicious. You have to book tables really, but go on the website and check it out, I'm not affiliated with them, promise! I just know a good cocktail when I taste one! Try the Rock Candy and Black Diamond Sour, delicious!


Me drinking a Rock Candy, which comes with a marshmellow floating in it. SUPER (psst. I'm not that orange IRL it's just the lighting/camera!)

So there you have it guys and girls, my super long OOTD. MOTD, and review of a night out!

2 comments:

Amy McMillan said...

Gorgeous outfit!
I am now following, hope you could do the same?

www.amyssecretcloset.blogspot.com
Xx

Suzi said...

Thanks. Cute blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...