Wednesday 15 December 2010

Cupcaking

I adore baking.

I find it very therapeutic and I love making people happy through food! I am by no means an amazing cook but I can follow a recipe quite well.

My favourites are cupcakes, but I like my cupcakes to be more than just sponge and icing. So these badboys are chocolate with caramel centres and a chocolate cream icing.


I don't like to blow my own trumpet but these were GOOD!

I followed the recipe for the cupcake sponge and icing from this book.


The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook - If you like baking I would advise that you get this book. It is amazing. Seriously all the recipes are good!

The chocolate cupcakes are good on there own, really moist, but to make mine a little more exciting I made some caramel sauce and injected it into the centre of the warm cake. Before letting them cool down and smothering the thick chocolate icing on top.

Caramel sauce is pretty simple, I just googled a recipe for it but all you need is sugar, butter and cream. Tastes great over ice cream too.

Anyone been to the Hummingbird Bakery?

2 comments:

sugarbeauty♥ said...

They loook so tasty!! Must try them ")

Sugarbeauty xox

What She Said said...

I love cupcakes for my birthday from the one near Kensington! They're amazing, no doubt this book is too!

Please check out my shopping extravaganza/gift guide blog & if you're a fan, follow me!

www.saidshewhat.blogspot.com

xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...