Monday 6 December 2010

Consolation MAC

After being so horribly upset about not getting my hands on a Pink Friday lipstick last Friday. I felt the only was to console myself would be to buy a different MAC lipstick.

I decided that I wanted a coral lipstick, the 'coral' that I got from MAC a few months back is not orange enough for me and is more of a pink coral - it's Costa Chic by the way and it's swatched below. I had originally tried to get the Maybelline colour sensation in Coral Fever, but it was all sold out and my previous experiences of Maybelline lipsticks haven't been that great, so the empty shelve didn't bother me too much, I'd just have to take a trip to MAC instead.

What.A.Shame. Teehehe!

I was actually quite disappointed by the choice of MAC coral lipsticks, nothing really stood out. I even hunted around the lipglass and cremesheen stand a while too, until I plumped for Vegas Volt, it's an amplified colour and I was a little bit hesitant to how bright it would be on.

Initially, when I got it home, I was like OMG it's too similar to Costa Chic! Wahhhh, too pink! But I then swatched them together below and the difference is clear. I also thought it was a bit like Victoria - but clearly my eye is way off!

(L-R) Victoria, Costa Chic, Vegas Volt (all MAC)

My lips are naturally quite red, which I hate because it screws up all my lipsticks!

But here it is on.....


I could only get a picture with the flash on, so it looks nothing like the swatch. So it's all pretty pointless, but I thought it looked cute in the picture.

On this note, I'd love to do more posts about make-up but my camera skills are so shocking I'm finding it hard to get any decent picture of my face, my lighting is way off too. So bare with me, I'll ask for a photography book for Christmas!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I really like that color, its so pretty

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...