Tuesday 15 March 2011

Things I've learnt this week 8th - 15th March 2011

I have managed to be AWOL for the last few days, due to the fact I accidentally didn't get in till 6am Friday morning - got 3 hours sleep - worked a 10 hour shift, then was back at work Saturday for a 14 hour shift. I had Sunday off, which I spent with my boyfriend and then back working yesterday for a 14 and 1/2 hour shift! Needless to say I am only just catching up on all my blog reading at the moment!

One

LOL

Sorting out my finances.

I go on about money all the time, but it feels so refreshing to have sorted my money out! I've managed to pay off my overdraft. FINALLY!

I decided to finally get a credit card, just so I can get my credit rating up. I plan to use it for purchases through the month and then set up a direct debit to pay it off in full the day I get paid every month. It means that I won't be using it for big purchases, just in place of my normal account. Look ma' so sensible!

Whilst I was in the bank the lady offered my a better current account. No more student! Plus I get phone insurance, holiday insurance and break down cover! I've got rid of my £2000 overdraft and replaced it with a £300 (in case of emergencies!)

Sorry if that's not very exciting for you all, but it makes me very happy

Two

So since the finances were sort out for all of 2 minutes. What did I do? Yep the only thing I know how, blow it! All on a brand spanking new Smart Car!!!!


It's a special limited pink edition for charity (they only made 100 of them) so I feel very privileged!!

I saw it only Sunday and couldn't stop thinking about it, so I've managed to purchase it today. It gets delivered on Friday!!! Typical impulse me!

But I have wanted a Smart car for ages because they are so small and easy to park. Plus free tax and congestion charge! I was supposed to be getting a used one, but they were offering a deal on finance and I feel in love with the pink one!!!! So I'll probably be broke for the next 3 years, but I'll look fabulous in my new car doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you tell how excited I am? I've been driving a 98' Fiesta for 4 years now, and although 'Lester' has done me proud, he gets very damp, smelly and needs jump starting allll the time. Considering I use my car everyday, I think it was high time for a little treat!


Three

Dancing all night till your feet hurt!

Thursday night was a totally spontaneous night out, that saw me and my friends dancing our shoes off in a cheesy club.


Literally! A bare foot'd walk to get chicken burgers at 5am!

So fun though!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh. My. God. Am so JEALOUS of your pink smart car! I keep eyeing up a pink Fiat 500 (but surprisingly can't afford the 13k price tag!) x

Curiouser and Curiouser said...

Pretty car alert! I have the same logic - I want a really, small car that's easy to park :) the tax + congestion charge elements on top of that are bonuses! x x

http://angel-in-this-dress.blogspot.com/

Laura said...

omg didn;t realise they made pink smart cars, i want one ! have fun :)

Laura x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...