Thursday 14 April 2011

Sailing on the sea...Ocean Salt by Lush Review

I am a massive lover of facial scrubs. Up until a few months ago I was scrubbing everyday, until I kinda twig'd that this wasn't the right thing to do. And for some reason I just stop buying any. I was just using my mum's Clinique 7 day scrub every week or so and that was that.

Well a few weeks ago, when my skin was particularly manky looking, I happened to be in Lush buying my weekly dose of bubble bars when I wandered over to the skin area. Bar the face masks I've never actually tried anything for the face from Lush, I guess I almost have it in my head that natural products don't do much for spotty and gross skin like mine (I no, I no, silly me). I had heard from lots of lovely blogging ladies that Lush facial products were good but I already had a good cleanser, toner and didn't really want to try there moisturiser. So facial scrub it was then.

I was pretty much sold on the Ocean Salt facial scrub when I saw it, just because it has the word 'salt' in it and I also have it in my head that salt is a good exfoliator and, salt heals, right?



It promises to be a 'stimulating scrub, for a complexion that glows' and contains lime, coconut, grapefruit and vodka, alongside the sea salt.

Costing £6.45 for 120g I reckons it comes in at a mid-range priced scrub, I probably wouldn't be inclined to spend much more than that on one but they do make the bigger size, £11.80 for 250g if your feeling frivolous!

First off, I'm all about the smell, and this smell totally smells like a cocktail, and I'm also all about the cocktails. So cocktail smelling scrubs are amazing - snaps for you Lush.

I guess from the moment you see 'salt' scrub on the label you kind of get an inkling that it will be pretty harsh. Dipping your finger in this scrub just confirms those fears, or joys, I guess it depends on how scrubby you like your scrub! The scrub contains lots of different sized rough salt particles and feels creamy, yet a little greasy to touch.



To get a good scrub I feel you only need a small amount, too much and it just sort of falls off your face! Wetting your hands helps a little bit I find. Once it's on you have to be really careful with how hard your scrub avoid your eye area at all costs and try not to get it in your mouth (you know that taste you get when you swallow sea water? Yeah, that times 100 with this!)

Once it's washed off I really do see a difference in my skin straight away. It gets rid of any dry areas and it pretty damn good at cleaning out any blocked pores, it makes my skin look squeaky clean! Which is no mean feat!  

So would I recommend it?

Yes. But here's my word of warning, sensitive skinned girls step away, even with a light buffing of this scrub on the face I still reckon it would cause problems, also scrub happy girls (like myself) should perhaps find another scrub to get happy with or you'll have half your face off!

However I've you feel that your skins needs a bit of a brighten every week or so, or if you suffer with spots. I would whole heartedly recommend this. I've been using it once a week on my skin, usually before a night out and I have really seen a difference. Plus salt does heal the skin and if I'm having a particularly bad break out I leave this scrub on my skin for 5 minutes or so before I buff off and it does seem to have some effect on the little buggers.

What I also find a little frustrating with Lush sometime is that everything has a really short use-by-date, however this scrub is good for over a year, which is something to bear in mind when your only using it weekly!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...