Wednesday 27 July 2011

17 - Falsifeye Mascara and Gel Eyeliner

So I wandered into Boots the other day, looking for nothing in particular. When I noted that 17 had a new mascara on display and where offering a free gel eyeliner with the purchase of the mascara. ZING!

My Lancome is fast running out and I needed a new mascara and I always use gel eyeliner. But actually, I needed no excuse, I was going to buy it anyway. Mascara and eyeliner for £6.49 - barg.

I will be honest I am a mascara snob. I often buy drugstore brand mascara, use them a couple of times and revert back to my ever faithful DiorShow and Lancome Hypnose.

Was this mascara any different?

Packaging - Pink, simple, cute. The width of the tube is redic though, really sqaure and massive. It's easy to grip but I had a hard time zipping up my already overflowing make-up bag with it in!



Brush - As you can see the brush it pretty thick - not quite in the same terratory as Benefits Bad Gal, but not far off. Big brushes mean and lashes are coated much quicker and thicker, but smaller lashes can be left out. Because of its size and the fact that it didn't have a tapered end I found it difficult to get into the corners of my eyes.



Results - as you can see from the before and after. Not a huge difference right? Length, pretty much the same, lashes darker, slightly fuller. Not really a night time mascara for that reason. However I did like the fact that the mascara wasn't too 'wet' feeling, I think it would be great for during the day and gave my the feeling of fluttery lashes! It didn't flake during the day and I didn't get any smudging/panda eyes from it.


So would I re-purchase? No, probably not. I have no qualms with it and will continue to use the bottle up, but it doesn't cut it amongst my high-end mascaras. But if your nearing the end of the month, strapped for cash and needing a new mascara then I'd probably say give this one a go, especially with the free gel eyeliner!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...